Tags

,

The two hats, finished and blocking.

The two hats, finished and blocking.

Hat Two took me a little longer to figure out. I picked the yarn, Knitting Fever’s Painted Sky, before the pattern, mostly because it’s a soft yarn in beautiful colors, and I’ve been drooling over it for a while (figuratively speaking, of course). It’s listed as a worsted weight yarn, but it feels a little skinny to me for that. It’s also machine washable, which is a nice bonus.

Photo taken with flash.

Photo taken with flash.

I did quite a bit of searching on Ravelry before I finally settled on a pattern. I found some lovely knitted patterns that I want to try, but I’m not confident in my knitting yet, so I’m not going to make something knitted for someone else yet. I ended up working up this Divine Hat pattern, and I like the texture the stitch pattern makes.

Detail photo without flash.

Detail photo without flash.

I didn’t follow the directions exactly. Because the yarn seemed skinny and I didn’t want the stitches to be really loose, so I used a smaller hook. I also tweaked the increases a bit, adding in a row at the very beginning to increase the number of stitches. It worked out to an even hundred stitches, and I think the hat turned out just fine. I may just make one for myself…

Advertisements