, , , , ,

I finished my second ever knitting project last week as I was recovering from whatever plague I caught. DSC_0056I wanted a cowl out of some Plymouth Baby Grande alpaca yarn I picked up for my birthday. I found a pattern on Ravelry that I liked the look of and thought I could do with my newly acquired skill, so I started with that one. Four rows in, I realized that the pattern was meant for less fuzzy yarn- the stitches were not showing up well.

I was at home, so I went through my shelf of patterns looking for something that would work. I found one of those free patterns (the ones that hang in the yarn isle at craft stores) that happened to be a knit pattern. I don’t remember picking it up, but I probably grabbed it years ago thinking it was crochet, and then just hung onto it. The yarn was different, but I figured I could make it work. DSC_0059

It turned out really nice. I need to work on my binding off- that edge ended up a little tight. I also need to pay more attention when working in the round. The twist is unintentional, but I kinda like it.

I finished just in time- we got another 10 or so inches of snow in the past couple of days. This is our yard, with the Sugar Beast on her favorite perch.Sugar perch